Retrieve SRTM tiles
|Last update: Oct. 2016|
This service provides a TIFF image with values from the SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) Digital Elevation Model.
Available worldwide and for free. WGS 84 projection (=constant step in latitudes and longitudes).
- min_lon: west bound of your bbox
- max_lon: east bound of your bbox
- min_lat: south bound of your bbox
- max_lat: north bound of your bbox
- nb_pix: size of the image in pixels
- srtm_version: srtm_s0 (full resolution, 16 bits), srtm_s2 (½ resolution srtm_s0), srtm_s4 (½ resolution srtm_s2), or srmt_s8 (8 bits, ½ res. srtm_s4)
The webservice supplies a map of max 2048 by 2048 pixels. Where SRTM is not defined, i.e. in the water areas, value is -32768 or -2ˆ15. The highest spatial resolution is 5°/6000 pixels, which means that 1 pixel corresponds to 0.000833° (= 3" = 3*1/3600). If you request a pixel size higher than the spatial resolution, an undersampling operator is applied to create a coarser image. Whereas, if the requested pixel size is smaller than the spatial resolution, a bilinear oversampling is applied on the image.
Don't hesitate to explore the webservice-energy.org catalog.
Retrieve the SRTM tile over Corsica (right illustration =>)
Over the reunion Island - 1 km spatial resolution:
NB: the location of the centers and corners of the MSG pixels are overlayed on the DEM.